Thursday, January 22, 2009

String Theory

Not the quantum kind, although I do enjoy a good physics books now and again. I am bit twisted that way.

But I'm talking a different theory here. You see, from time to time, my kiddos get a little unraveled. They can't focus or follow directions very well. I have to lasso them in with something. Something they can really get wrapped up in for more than two minutes. So I rummaged through boxes in my closet and garage for an idea, and it hit me. A noose has thirteen loops right? Just kiddning. But being knotty could be nice.

So we pulled some strings, and gathered up enough for a Ropes Course. Not a real one like you see in trees-- bummer-- but several lessons in making knots, weaving, jump rope, knitting, string art and practicing guitar. We turn to doing our Ropes Course whenever we need to reel in a little learning or just want to get tangled up in a playful way. It's a great way to tie in focus and fun.

Oh, and for the "being knotty" part, these websites are great for learning different kinds. Check it out:
Animated Knots by Grog, and:
20-20 Site: How to Tie Knots

No comments: